If you’re searching for a new home, you probably have a basic checklist of must-haves for your real estate agent to reference. Features like a front porch, two-car garage, or a spacious backyard are typical for these types of checklists, but what about the special upgrades that will make the average home stand out from the rest? Beyond the hardwood floors and granite countertops, there are several other unique and lavish features to consider – the type of luxuries that will make your new home your castle.
Luxury Items for Your Home
Among homebuyers looking for luxurious upgrades, here are 8 of the most popular:
- Dual ovens. If you’re lucky enough to have an excellent cook in your family, why not seek out the gourmet kitchen they deserve? From regular Sunday brunches with friends to Thanksgiving dinner for your family, a dual oven is sure to come in handy more than you may first anticipate. And if one of those ovens is a convection oven, cooking delicious meals for friends and family is going to be an, even more, enjoyable experience.
- Gas fireplace. The idea of a wood-burning fireplace may seem appealing at first but think about the effort that has to go into creating a fire, not to mention the clean-up required afterward. With a gas fireplace, a chimney often isn’t required (which means less maintenance), and with all the burning components behind sealed glass, clean-up is easy. Gas-burning fireplaces are also more efficient at actually heating a home, and of course, you can start your cozy fire with just the push of a button.
- Heated bathroom floors. – Think about how it feels stepping onto the cold tile floor of the bathroom post hot shower. It snaps you right out of the warm daydream and back into cold reality. Heated floors are becoming more and more popular, especially as the Mid-Atlantic winters become more and more frigid. Many heating systems even come with a timer, so you can expect warm floors as soon as you walk in to brush your teeth in the morning. But it’s not all about comfort with this luxury; heated floors can even help stem mold growth.
- Walk-in steam shower. Walk-in showers have long been the preference over traditional, and awkward, tub/shower combinations, and now steam showers are the must-have luxury for home bathrooms. Not only will a steam shower be that much more inviting in the morning or just as you’re winding down for bed, but steam can also help clear sinuses and open pores. Step out of your steam shower and onto your heated floors, and you just may mistake your home bathroom for a spa.
- A theater room. Whether it’s for watching football, enjoying family movie night, or having somewhere for the kids to hang with their friends on the weekend, a theater room will surely be one of the most popular spaces in your home. Soundproofing, built-in cabinetry and comfy, reclining chairs all add to the luxurious allure of a home theater.
- A wine cellar. This special feature adds a feeling of luxury to any space, whether it’s in the kitchen, living room, or even a finished basement. A wine cellar provides you a place to collect and properly store your wine and brings some opulent visual appeal to the room. You’ll make quite the impression on your friends by letting them pick a bottle out of your wine collection.
- Skylights. These windows have long been a popular feature among homebuyers, bringing sumptuous warmth and sunlight to any space. Today’s modern versions are even more appealing, with features like solar-powered shades, insulated glass and even rain sensors.
- Central vacuum. A whole house vacuum can make keeping your floors and carpets clean easier than ever, giving you one less day-to-day headache. With a central vac, you won’t ever have to drag a vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs or through long hallways. Plus, central vacuums have far more suction power than traditional vacuums, and some of the newer models even have retractable hoses stored within the wall.
Finding The Perfect Luxury Home
Don’t be afraid to tell your real estate agent about the luxuries you want in your new home, or that you want the space to install them in one. With all the time you spend at home with your family, hosting friends and creating memories, looking for a house with a few additional luxuries is sure to be a worthwhile investment. The expert real estate agents at the Northrop Team have experience in finding the perfect luxury home for your needs. Contact us today!